Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

Have deeds of owned property.Need to register at Land

Hello, Have deeds of owned property.Need to register at Land Registery.Is there a low cost service available to do this.please. Mr Allen.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Have application forms from Land Registry but am unable to decide on how to move forward.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Nueaton,
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nuneaton, Wawickshire

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Are you certain that the property is not registered? You may consider letting me have the address as I can check if it is registered or not?

Can you give some details about how you have come to own the property without it being registered? Normally your solicitor would register it at land registry upon completion of your purchase

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Tom, Property owned since 1982. Recently advised by Son. involved with sale of nearby property that this property not on land registry. Spoke to a neighbour who bought at the same time as myself in early 60s and he told me he had the same problem in 2018.

I see, yes, you do get this sometime. If you wish to avoid any potential delays in selling (or remortgaging) the property in the future then it would make send to register it now to ensure that you have the most optimal form of legal title and that there are no issues which require to be resolved.

Unfortunately ascertaining the correct documents required to register the land and then applying to land registry to register it are one of the more complicated application to be made to land registry. I would not recommend attempting to do it yourself, as it would be quite probable that the application would be rejected and cause a slightly delay and issue.,

Any local property solicitor would be able to do this for legal fees of around £350+ VAT with the land registry fee being approximately 190-540 depending on the market value of your property. There would probably be a few further minor disbursements payable of around £20.00 in total.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Tom, Many thanks for advice, I now have some idea of costs involved. Solicitors still exist as a company. Bob Allen. *****

You're welcome.

Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom