Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

A commission was botched by contractor, which rejects to

Customer Question

a commission was botched by contractor, which rejects to refund the outlay, only offers redo, which costumer rejects.
the contractor cannot exactly pinpoint reasons for mistake, structural damage can be incurred to treated construction01. can client claim compensation for damaged consigned construction + refund of total consented commission? how the price of given construction is calculated?
02. is fully justified claim for full refund of supportive and substitutive sum of works and goods procured past the accident, while the dispute lasts?please elaborate both ramifications, many thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
previous year (there is another five available to present it, if i am correct).
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter. Can you tell me why they do not want the contractor to fix the problem?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
well, the contractor's staffers botched the job. they cannot reason it. even the consigned property, they were supposed to carry out their work on, is likely damaged after their treatment.