How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10593
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

If I tries to change the case with a N244, I would miss the

This answer was rated:

If I tries to change the case with a N244, I would miss the deadline for the appeal which is N161The advanathge of a N161 would be that he is dealt by another judge. I am not vey confident on this judge. He seems to be purposely inversing the defendant and claimant in his order.

I see what you mean. Normally to vary an order though it is done with the N244. An N161 appeal questions a judge's decision. It would be worth speaking to the court and asking them whether the N244 is the best way forwards. I do not know what the judge's comments were at the time so the court staff should be able to confirm for sure the correct method to use.

Let me know if you want me to find the contact number for the court.

I hope this helps – if you can please give a positive rating by clicking 5 stars (at the top of your screen), I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the order of teh judge, it is written taht teh court manager should not give legal advice. Very strange - I contact them several time and I get orders not to do so especially after I succeed to know that teh fees paid was only £308