UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I paid reservation cost for the purchase of an a flat. A

Customer Question

I paid reservation cost for the purchase of an a flat. A series of events happened and the developers pulled out and sold the property for over 15grand more to someone else and wouldnt refund my reservation cost because exchange didnt happen within the specified time period
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton keynes
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted the agent
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Part of the reason for the delay was because the agent changed solicitors and also had mortgage refused and a broker who was looking into another mortgage pulled out because they were not getting the information requested from the agent
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also i innitially agreed with the agent to have the reservation transfered to a different property, however lost my job shortly after this arrangement and informed the agent it will be impossible to get a mortgage but the agent advised to to still exchange and or i will loose the reservation cost knowing full well i will be unable to get a mortage as i am not in work
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 days ago.

How much did you pay and what would you like to ask?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
£6000. £1000 for the agent and £5000 for the deve

You may file a court claim against the agent and the developer for the money. It would be a small claims court matter and you may file the claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Before filing a claim, you should send a letter to them asking for the money to be refunded to you within 14 days of receipt of the letter and explaining why it should be refunded.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars