How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 17319
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been unlawfully evicted and would like to know what

This answer was rated:

I have been unlawfully evicted and would like to know what order I need to apply for at the high court to :
1. appoint a court bailiff to collect my property
2. To get my property.
The landlord could not prove any rent was due in the high court and lost the case he locked us out without following process and held onto personal and business property.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There was a 5 year lease in place. The landlord had collected rent and received over and above the rent money. He collected money from the sub tenants without consent to the value of £26400 which I have now served a statutory demand on him for the amount.He changed the locks and kick us out and excuse non payment of rent. He charged us for the whole site but took £26k and did not declare nor discount it. He attempted to wind up the business in the high court without letting us know we got an emergency hearing and he was lost the case as he could not prove rent was due and in fact he had other cases and the judge ordered him to pay our fees and told him that an unlawful eviction can cost a lot of money in damages. I contacted the met police who asked that I get an order for the court bailiff to attend with an order for my property and they will attend also to assist taking my goods,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The landlord never went through the appropriate channels to evict us

Ok, you need an injunction for access and to get property

You need to complete forms N1:

And N16a:

The court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to grant an order allowing access and to your property.

If the court makes an order but it is ignored, this could be contempt of court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

That should resolve it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I word the order for the injunction as this landlord never went through the courts to even evict me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The N1 one form is that for the money and damages that I need to claim for which form is for what?

N1 is a Part 7 claim so can be money, but also an injunction

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can this be used at the high court ?