How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7223
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am completing on a mortgage that will replace my current

This answer was rated:

I am completing on a mortgage that will replace my current mortgage, give me a new extended lease of 100 years AND pay off a bridging loan. The Mortgage company solicitors are dealing with it now and have given me a draft mortgage deed and they have requested a small amendment to the lease agreement, which is getting signed off by lease holder now (who unfortunately lives abroad, so is taking some time). The bridging loan company are now starting proceedings to repossess my home. I would like to know, how long does it take to repossess someone's home. Can they lock me out in a week for instance or does it have to go to court and how long would that take. Also, do I need a solicitor to help defend the repossess order. THANK YOU


They would need to go to court to get a possession order against you first and it may take several months for this.

Please see here to help you understand the process better:

The principle is the same i.e. mortgage company and bridging loan company (assuming they have a charge) are both creditors/lenders and have to follow the same procedure.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you