UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My tenant has died. She is the sole name on the AST, which

Hello, my tenant has died. She is the sole name on the AST, which has turned into a periodic AST. She has two children left in my property, a 21 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. The tenant's rent was paid by UC. The council have told the daughter to stay put until she is evicted. How do I evict please?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I don't know what to do. Do I serve a Section 21?Do I need to serve notice on the executor of her estate, even though I believe she has no estate?
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Lewisham
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Eviction is a complicated process and you would need to go to court for a possession order.

You may wish to instruct professional persons who are very effective in assisting you with the eviction process, they will also handle court proceedings e.g. https://thesheriffsoffice.com/instruct-us/instruct-us-evict-tenant-squatter

You will stand a better chance than doing it yourself.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Do you know the abated 8 to my questions stated above?

I do not understand your further query and I cannot call at the moment.

Please rephrase your question?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry, do you know the answers to the questions I asked in my first contact mail above?