Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am looking for clarification as to what a particular

I am looking for clarification as to what a particular paragraph within my title deeds means. This concerns a row of 4 terraced houses. My property, number 18 being at one end, and number 24 (the vendor/cooperative society) being at the other end. Leaving 20 and 22 between us.A clear explanation using specific house numbers and how each number is ***** by this conveyance would be greatly appreciated, as clear information is required to resolve an ongoing issue. The conveyance is between number 22 and number 18 (my property).The paragraph in question is;“Together also with the benefit of but subject to all rights of way water light air drainage support user of fall pipes and other easements quasi-easements and privileges hitherto used or enjoyed for the benefit of the property hereby conveyed over through or under the adjoining and neighbouring property of the vendors or suffered by the property hereby conveyed for the benefit of the said adjoining property.”Sincerest of thanks in advance

Hi thank you for your message, so it is convoluted way of saying that properties and 18 are subject to any rights, restrictions, easements and so forth previously enjoyed and then it goes on to state that the restriction and right concerned is that the respective properties shall jointly be responsible for ensuring that all passages, ways, eaves and gutters (in essence the guttering) shall be maintained and kept clear by both parties to the extent and in proportion to their use of the guttering. In other words if maintenance work is needed on the guttering both parties are responsible for any costs associated with maintenance. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks so much, so this is in no way related to any access or rights of way over any of the properties? It is simply referring to any maintenance issues? Our issue being that one property is adamant that they have documented right of access over our property

No not access it is just related to maintenance. From this passage it does not demonstrate any access rights. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.