Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can you help me with a early termination of my tenancy

Hi,can you help me with a early termination of my tenancy agreement advice.I have a 12 month tenancy agreement with a break close of six months if I give two months notice. My circumstances have changed and I have manage to buy a propriety but I still have 2 month rent. I can't afford to pay rent and mortgage for two months. I have explained to my landlord in writing but he want me to pay my rent as per contract what should I do?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I informed my landlord lord on November verbally that I my buy a propriety if I can get a mortgage and he said that is fine he understands me only to let him know .After I find the property I have informed him in writing that I have found the property I got the mortgage approved and that I want to surrender my tenancy he did reply that I have two choices to pay the rent until the contract expires or to pay the agency fee to put it back on the market. I have informed him that I don't have a moving date and I have asked him if he knows how much are the agency fee to put it back on the market because I can't afford to pay but I am willing to work on it .Now he reply that he had a meeting with the agency and that I have to follow my contract and pay rent until the six months expire.
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Purley
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

So although you have a contract, you want to ignore it and leave early, is that right?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
because after 20 year of saving at last I have manage to secure a mortgage and find a home to buy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you cancel the phone call

Ok, you dont want the call?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No

Ok, what do you want to know?