UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a share of freehold 1st floor flat in a small

I have a share of freehold 1st floor flat in a small terraced house. I bought the downstairs share of freehold flat a few years ago, so now own both. built as separate flats no communal areas as different entrances. I used both. I am selling the ground floor with share of freehold. However i'm confused as to why I am called the landlord and have to complete a leasehold property enquiries form (Although I look after the flats now, when the previous owners/share of freeholders were there we just looked after our own flats according to what was agreed in the documents. There's no ground rent, no managing agent, insurance is separate etc . Is it correct that I need to fill in the leasehold property enquiries form? does this mean it can still be sold as share of freehold and the buyer takes over all for the flat they are purchasing? I'm confused! thank you
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I completed the online forms the leasehold property information forms
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: ealing W13
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so - just is this right - I feel a bit confused thank you

Please see this, it may help explain your predicament: https://www.meaby.co.uk/i-share-freehold-i-need-lease/

I would suggest that you get in touch with the above law firm for assistance in your sale, if necessary.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No other questions thanks

You are welcome.