Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My dad has just past away and my mam wants to keep house on

My dad has just past away and my mam wants to keep house on both names are ***** ***** but my mam due to health problems had her own place but now that my dad has died she wants to live in the house that they both shared up until a few years ago both there names are ***** ***** the tenency but the landlord wants to sell the property do I move my mams stuff into house and hand her keys in for her other propertie so that she remains a sitting tenent
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No my dad only died yesterday were worried about mam as she doesn't want to leave my dads house
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: Blakelaw Newcastle upon tyne
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what do I do would she be best off hand keys in for her other house so that she carnt be throw out of my dads house

Hi thank you for your message, yes you should hand the keys in to the other properties to protect your mam's interest in the place she is currently staying in. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks you very much
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There a section 21 clause in tenency can that be used to take house from my mam
Hi thank you for your message, the s21 can only be used at the end of the tenancy unless there is a break clause in the agreement allowing for early notice but if you look at the tenancy it should be clear if there is. You should see break clause or early termination.