Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have been advised to act as a litigant in person in a

I have been advised to act as a litigant in person in a property damage claim and physical inconvenience. What claim form should I be completeting and submitting for this please?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, that's why I'm asking what Claim Form I should be downloading and submitting?
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: In Portsmouth, but I am based in London
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's all thank you

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My neighbour undertook building works to a party wall/ structure, subsequently forcing me out of my home, damaging my property or its contents, and causing me enormous stress and sickness in the process. My neighbour has since kept up a campaign of harassment, going on the attack rather than repairing the damage she/ they has caused. I have been advised by several solicitors now that I have to DIY the case, acting as a litigant in person or look at £40k worth of legal fees. I need advice on what cliam form I need to download and complete to bring he claim myself. The damage was caused back in March 2019 and I am keen to get the ball rolling. My claim is for property damage, and physical inconvenience and personal injury caused. And I need to bring it against a Ms Amanda Ferguson and a Mr Curtis Vickers combined. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please write a reply
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot afford to switch to a call, and I am still waiting for an answer please.

You can bring a claim under the tort of nuisance for the damage that your neighbours have done to your property, however you appear to have explored that claim and spent significant sums of money on legal fees already.

This country’s civil law only compensates mental distress in a very limited number of cases. These include:

1. Being the victim of an accident, which was another’s fault, and suffering a severe mental injury, such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder;
  2. An employment claim against an employer that involved discrimination based on a protected characteristic such as gender or race;
  3. Libel, slander and defamation of character and associated claims, such as breach of confidence and breach of privacy.

Being inconvenienced and suffering emotional upset due to another party’s poor behaviour does not sound in damages.

Even if you are involved in an accident, you cannot claim damages for being “shaken-up” unless you also sustained a physical injury such as soft tissue injury to your neck (also known as “whiplash”).

You may have a claim under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, but the pother party's behaviour must have involved threats of violence or legal action or stalking-type behaviour.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, thank you. What about sleepless nights? And that I have been forced to take medication for depression and anxiety? I have been threatened and harassed, and there has been considerable defamation of character, libel and slander in my neighbour's email correspondence
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Which claims forms should I be downloading and submitting for both please?

There has to be an accident or an assault resulting in mental injury such as Post traumatic Stress Disorder. The mental costs of litigation do not sound in damages.

You may have a claim in defamation, but the limitation period to issue court proceedings is only one year from the date that the statement was first published.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, I may just be within that period... What about the mental costs in being forced out of my home, please?

Again, your claim will be limited to financial losses of finding a replacement home.

I will put through an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call so we can discuss matters in detail.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When will you be calling please?

Yes, I am trying to enter my contact details, but the site is not letting me!

Have you entered your phone number?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes, it is 07891 591 635

OK, calling you now.