INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a question about my deposit being returned, No, its

Customer Question

I have a question about my deposit being returned
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, its just with regards ***** ***** my liability would be for having a dog at the property without permission ( no damage has come as a result)
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
So the Tenancy agreement did say that pets could not be kept without permission, but I'm wondering whether they'd be able to take the whole deposit if they found out. Or whether it would be a situation in that they take the amount for a professional clean etc.
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Has the tenancy come to an end or is it being terminated for breach of contract?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its coming to an end this month. We haven't been charged as of yet, and they don't know there has been a dog on the property. I'm just putting feelers out
Expert:  INC Law replied 11 days ago.

If the property has sustained more wear and tear than is normal, then yes, they can keep the deposit, however, this is a matter for negotiations through the deposit protection scheme.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.