Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

What can I do about nuisance anti social neighbour, Lots of

Customer Question

What can I do about nuisance anti social neighbour
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Lots of complaints to housing association writing and verbal
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Halifax
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes he is verbally abusive to my wife she is on anti depressants as I am she doesn't sleep at night for fear he will try to break in
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you reported anything to the police ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Police won't deal with nuisance neighbour they told to speak to landlord

You can get an injunction to prevent the harassment.

You need to document the behaviour. You need to complete for, n1

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

And n16a

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

The court will list for hearing and decide whether to order a stop to the behaviour.

If the court does and he breaches it this could be contempt of court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.