How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 15219
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

What can I do about nuisance anti social neighbour, Lots of

Customer Question

What can I do about nuisance anti social neighbour
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Lots of complaints to housing association writing and verbal
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Halifax
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes he is verbally abusive to my wife she is on anti depressants as I am she doesn't sleep at night for fear he will try to break in
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Have you reported anything to the police ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Police won't deal with nuisance neighbour they told to speak to landlord
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

You can get an injunction to prevent the harassment.

You need to document the behaviour. You need to complete for, n1

And n16a

The court will list for hearing and decide whether to order a stop to the behaviour.

If the court does and he breaches it this could be contempt of court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.