How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2538
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Our neighbouring property is a mill that since 1975 has been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Our neighbouring property is a mill that since 1975 has been engaged in the business of plastics manufacturing. It was originally in joint ownership with our house and we retail the only access road. They have a right of access for the purpose of plastic manufacturing. They are now considering selling their premises for residential development. Do they, or their successors, have an automatic right of access for residential purposes? Regards, ***** *****
JA: Where is your neighboring? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milnthorpe in Cumbria. Both properties date back to 1770.
JA: What steps has your neighboring taken so far?
Customer: They have asked if they can purchase the access road and told us they have interest from a developer.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have more information, but hope this is enough at this stage?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Would you be kind enough to provide a copy of the deeds to the access road?