Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Our neighbouring property is a mill that since 1975 has been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Our neighbouring property is a mill that since 1975 has been engaged in the business of plastics manufacturing. It was originally in joint ownership with our house and we retail the only access road. They have a right of access for the purpose of plastic manufacturing. They are now considering selling their premises for residential development. Do they, or their successors, have an automatic right of access for residential purposes? Regards, ***** *****
JA: Where is your neighboring? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milnthorpe in Cumbria. Both properties date back to 1770.
JA: What steps has your neighboring taken so far?
Customer: They have asked if they can purchase the access road and told us they have interest from a developer.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have more information, but hope this is enough at this stage?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Would you be kind enough to provide a copy of the deeds to the access road?