Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Dear, I have 2 years contract for my shop. I believe my

Customer Question

Hi dear, I have 2 years contract for my shop. I believe my shop's rent is too high , After passed 14 month I knew my earnings and expenses is going to blanche. I asking my landlord to drop the rent several times but he ignored me. By the way my rent is more than double compare to other shops in my area.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Send several emails and verbal communication with my landlord
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you looked into renting somewhere else?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Because I spend around £ 10000 to repair and Furnish the shop to start my business already
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's supposed to extend my contract after 2 years
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My contract is a subrent

Hi, thank you for your message. It is for the landlord to decide the amount. You will need to try to negotiate with the landlord. You should write a letter stating your full claim and what you want from the landlord, a reasonable amount and attach all evidence to support your claim. If you want to dispute it further you will need to take the matter to court. I would advise that you find a solicitor in your area to represent you. . You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (you will be able to search by area of expertise and location).

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.