Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Our house is owned by Platform a housing association, next

Customer Question

Our house is owned by Platform a housing association, next door is bought privately, they moved in last spring & the rear garden boarder is there responsibility but we planted fern trees 20 years ago on our side of the boarder which they removed & replaced with concrete/wooden fence panels still on our side by at least 600mm, the housing association came out & agreed that at least the top two panels had to be moved back but left it up to the neighbor's to sort out, the property is now up for sale with the fence still in the wrong place & the housing association are now saying they are happy with it, what can we do to make them put it right?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Only phone calls & emails
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: We don't have the money for a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know the neighbor's have been talking to the person at the housing association because she gave us her number to give them on her first visit when she & her aid both agreed it needed moving.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How do we get the neighbor's to put the fence on the correct boundary before they sell the house
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Is it on more your side or theirs?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is 600mm over our side, there was outside toilets to both properties now bricked up, the fence is in our old toilet doorway, our boiler is on that wall& the overflow pipe is on there side of the fence, when the housing assossiation first visited to look at the fence agreed that at least the first Two panals if not the whole fence was in the wrong place but due to the neighbours protests she has gone back on her word & refuses to help her own case, we are hopeing to buy the house One day so need this problem putting right while it is possible because f they sell the house with the fence in the wrong place I believe it becomes law?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We are disabled people with little money but we have Four children who we hope will buy the hose One day, until then we are stuck with useless housing assossiasions who only care about there stock not there tennants
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Have you had a survey?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The housing assosiasion say it is to much work to find the plans to the house but you can see the fence is in the wrong place if you put the placing of the fence on the front it would be in the middle of our front door
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Ok - so have you had a survey?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I'm not buying the house { yet } we just want our garden right
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Yes but have you had a survey to establish where the boundary should be?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Forget it your as bad as the housing assosiation, these houses have been here for over a hundred years the boundary lines will be on the property deeds which lawyers keep, these are the deeds Platform can't be bothered to locate which is why i'm asing you what a person without money can do o stop people with money riding rough shod over them.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

Ok. Please don’t reply then otherwise the system thins, you are stuck.