INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

It is a signed renancy agreement. The longest they can stay

Customer Question

It is a signed renancy agreement. The longest they can stay is for 4 months. Is there any way I can cancel this agreement as I have no where to live.
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Kindly explain the situation further

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The tenants have signed the letting agreement and have paid 6 months rental to move into my property at the end of February 2020. My circumstances have changed and I now need to live in my house and terminate the letting agreement. Purple Bricks the letting agents have informed me the tenants are legally setup to move in. I need my house what legally can I do to remain in my house.
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

Were the tenants informed that you may require the property back?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

Ok. If that is the case, you can serve upon the a Section 8 Notice quoting Ground 1. You will have to give them 2 months notice.

If they di not leave at the end of the 2 months, you will have to make an application to court for an Order for Possession.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.