Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

This Sunday my flatmate attacked me trying to strangle me. I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: This Sunday my flatmate attacked me trying to strangle me. I am wondering if my landlord has the right to remove them from the house
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I called to the police
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 5 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about the situation.

The landlord can assist you in this circumstances because it appears your rights to the peaceful enjoyment of the property is and likley will be interrupted.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes I will proceed to the next step?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No

In other words there is likely a clause within your tenancy agreement which prohibits such actions therefore your landlord could rely on such a clause to evict the tenant in question. I suggest you contact your landlord and relay the circumstances of this matter. Ensure you inform the landlord your right to the peaceful enjoyment of the property is and will be compromised. Therefore he should consider taking steps to evict the tenant.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

However if I have clarified the position please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 4 days ago.

HelloI note you have reviewed the answer given.Please before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen.Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.Thanks