How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2488
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have a tenant in a property which I own, he is moving out

Customer Question

I have a tenant in a property which I own, he is moving out at the end of the month but am having difficulty in having the remainder of my rent.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have tried to give him copy of the rent book to discuss the matter with him but he refuses to talk
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: it is a 2 bedroom apartment in a block of eight apartments. 4 ground floor and 4 above. in a quiet area
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you give me some idea
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 17 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Why is he not wanting to pay?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
he feels he has paid me in advance when he moved in
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
have realised that I am not talking to the Citizens advice people. I have the wrong people, sorry
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it appears I have made a genuine mistake, which I hope you will not be charging me for. Thank you