Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

We have an ongoiung issue with our neighbour who has dumped

HI, We have an ongoiung issue with our neighbour who has dumped all sorts of rubbish in his front and back garden. conciquentely we have a very serious issue whit rats coming into our house
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: we ahve been intouch with the local authority Birmingham City Council, who have been been trying to readicate the rat problem since 2013. Also the local Councilor has also tried to apply pressure to the E.H.A. with our much success.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: we live in Walmnley Sutton Coldfield West Midlands.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The neighbour on the other side of the house which I am complaining about is also in agreement with me a vbishes to pwersue a jopint complaint.

I have been asked to deal with this for you.

You need to make a complaint to the council. Do it in writing because you will get fobbed off on the telephone.

You need the council to issue a section 215 notice.

Here is a little reading from one local authority although the law is the same nationwide: https://www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/pages/untidy_land_notices_section_215_of_the_town_and_country_planning_act

The council have exactly the powers to deal with this. If they say it’s not within their remit, make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

You also have a claim to make against the neighbour in private nuisance although to be honest, you shouldn’t have the trouble or the expense of dealing with that the local authority should do it for you.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Stuart. Your information/responce is very useful and I will persue the council on Monday.

I am glad to help. If you could help me now please, in the way that I have helped you, I would be obliged if you could please use the rating service because that gives payment for my time and expertise here today.

You will find the rating service in the top right-hand corner of your screen, a number of stars.

If anything else crops up, we can still exchange notes. The thread doesn't close.

Kind regards.