Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My daughter has recently split from her fiancé, they are

My daughter has recently split from her fiancé, they are both joint owners of a property . James would possibly prefer to stay in the property and buy Hannah out, they’ve had a valuation which is a lot more than he was expecting, so Hannah is not sure if has the funds to do so now . She is still paying her share of the mortgage, but he is threatening to start ripping out fixtures such as the bathroom in order to reduce the value of the house , what can she do?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It’s in Crewe Cheshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Hannah has moved out and so far had a valuation, James doesn’t want to do anything re valuations etc
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that’s all for now, she just wants to know where she stands if he starts causing damage
Hi thank you for your message, if he starts causing damage then she can go to court for an injunction which means he has to leave the property. She could also complain to the police. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.