Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My mother passed away with dementia in November 2018 in a

My mother passed away with dementia in November 2018 in a home she had been there for 7years .we made an agreement with social services for a certain amount to be paid into her bank and transferred to social services every month there after so there was no need for me teo check her account there after as I thought everything would be ok but my grandson some how managed to hack into the account and de fraud the account overtime by some £40;000 this ment social services were not paid social informed the police and a fraud investigation was set up this has now completed and is the hands of the cps.her house has now been sold at auction she had equityrelease on the property’s this has been paid this with other debts leaves me with about £13,100 .my solicitor no tells the social services.has now found that there is a further debt which is more than the estate is worth please can you tell me can the social services leave me without any of the inheritance when the threshold is £24,000

You need to report the grandson to the police because this is theft.

It appears that has been done already. Excellent.

The problem here isn’t social services, the problem here is the grandson who you need to pursue for the GBP40,000 return.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I need to know if social services can take all of my capital threshold of £24.ooo to cover the debt
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Could you please let me know if the socialservices have the right to take the threshold capital from me as there is no hope of ever getting anyon from my grandson

I see that you have requested a telephone call. Are you free now?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have replied to your email that I would like a return phone call

We spoke