How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 23354
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My mother passed away with dementia in November 2018 in a

This answer was rated:

My mother passed away with dementia in November 2018 in a home she had been there for 7years .we made an agreement with social services for a certain amount to be paid into her bank and transferred to social services every month there after so there was no need for me teo check her account there after as I thought everything would be ok but my grandson some how managed to hack into the account and de fraud the account overtime by some £40;000 this ment social services were not paid social informed the police and a fraud investigation was set up this has now completed and is the hands of the cps.her house has now been sold at auction she had equityrelease on the property’s this has been paid this with other debts leaves me with about £13,100 .my solicitor no tells the social services.has now found that there is a further debt which is more than the estate is worth please can you tell me can the social services leave me without any of the inheritance when the threshold is £24,000

You need to report the grandson to the police because this is theft.

It appears that has been done already. Excellent.

The problem here isn’t social services, the problem here is the grandson who you need to pursue for the GBP40,000 return.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to know if social services can take all of my capital threshold of £ to cover the debt
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could you please let me know if the socialservices have the right to take the threshold capital from me as there is no hope of ever getting anyon from my grandson

I see that you have requested a telephone call. Are you free now?

Stuart J and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have replied to your email that I would like a return phone call

We spoke