How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5930
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

House next door is having cladding put on by council which

This answer was rated:

House next door is having cladding put on by council which will reduce the width of our garden as we bought ours the original plans for garden size will be incorrect will that be an issue when we come to sell
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not done anything apart from trying to contact cladding company but they have not responded to email or phone call
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Knightsridge livingston
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi thank you for your message, if your garden is reduced this could cause a reduced desirability for potential purchasers. Legally it is unlikely to cause an issue however you may want to look into preventing the neighbour impeding on to your garden. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you