Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A TENANT WHO OWES ME £6,370 IN RENT ARREARS AND COURT FEES

I AM EVICTING A TENANT WHO OWES ME £6,370 IN RENT ARREARS AND COURT FEES (SOON TO BE £400 MORE IF BAILIFFS ARE INVOLVED). CAN I CLAIM THIS BACK THROUGH THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: THE PROPERTY AND TENANTS ARE IN NORFOLK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: WE HAVE BEEN TO COURT TO EVICT THEM ON SECTION 21 NOTICE WHICH THEY REQUESTED IN JULY. DUE TO ERRORS BY THE JUDGE AND SLOW COUT PROCESS IT HAS TAKEN UNTIL YESTERDAY TO RECEIVE EVICTION NOTICE. TENENTS STOPPED PAYING RENT IN JULY. W
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: OUR SOLICITOR SENT THEM A LETTER OF AMOUNT OWED WHEN IT WAS £4,500 GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO RESPOND SEVERAL WEEKS AGO. THEY ARE CHARGING SUCH A LOT I DONT THINK ITS WORTH TRYING TO GET OUR MONEY BACK IN COUNTY COURT

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you asked for judgment at the possession order?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m not sure what judgement means. We did not want to muddy the water by asking for debt recovery as we were hoping to get them out quickly which hasn’t happened which is how they have managed to owe us so much money. We have an order for possession (accelerated procedure) (AST)

I will call shortly, will show as withheld