Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My rent is up to date. | am a disable quiet individual. I

Hi, my rent is up to date. | am a disable quiet individual. I have lived in this property for nearly a year. Can my landlord serve a notice to quit? If so, what are the ground?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Surrey.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: such as?

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Are you at the end of your fixed term?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I have done LPC stage one, I need some information only until the books I ordered arrived.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not going to call you. Please reply to me here or email. thanks.

When does your fixed term end?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
15th of April

Ok. When were you given notice?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
not yet.

Then the answer is yes, you can be given notice. You do not have a right to stay beyond the end of the fixed period.

If you have an assured shorthold tenancy a landlord can end it with two months notice, even if you have been the perfect tenant.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you. But I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The landlady also says "do this or notice to quit" and "do that or notice to quit" We just had an argument an hour ago. She gave me a rather short notice saying she like to inspect. I asked for another date, but she persisted. I let her came in to see the house but not my bedroom for a personal reason. She threatened me AGAIN with serving notice to quit. I asked her to do as she wishes.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If she has the right to serve me the notice, ok then, but can I fight it?

You can only be told to leave if she give you two months or you Breach the agreement,

Yes you could fight it.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please note that she has been transpassing the property.

Sure. Can you see my reply above?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I do. Thanks.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will you be able to assist me if I fight it? will there be an extra charge? Thanks.

Sadly not, we are online only. But you can get a public access barrister at

Www.clerksroomdirect.com

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes. Thanks.

Can I assist with anything else today?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, thanks.

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will you get paid only if the client rated you 5 stars? Sorry about the question. After the long, tiresome and expensive legal education, I am just curious how my peers are doing.

3-5 or above.