SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Is there ground for service notice 8 or request to leave the

Hi, is there ground for service notice 8 or request to leave the premises if the tenant has used private en-suite of the other occupiers without permission? Of if not, as this tenancy just started, can landlord service notice of termination immediately? This is a periodic tenancy with no initial terms. Thanks!
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Hi Pearl, tenancy agreement signed, the EPC/Right to rent still to be sent with bank details for first month rent and deposit . Landlord went on vacation, tenant invited boyfriend and then tenant left for USA leaving boyfriend using the house. Supposed to share bathroom with the nanny, instead used ensuite of the landlord, violating the privacy and common sense. No one knew boyfriend was there and the tenant away, the maid discovered
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: For now, there is a breach of trust...and serenity that this will not happens to the future tenants who are taking the rooms in the next week in London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think this is it

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Are you a residential landlord - i.e. living in the property with the person you have rented to?

Do you have a copy of the agreement signed? If yes, kindly attach it.

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello yes I am a resident landlord until 29th February

Is the property you are renting out self contained, or is it shared space?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Self contained

But it is in the same building as your own accommodation as you state they used your bathroom. Do they share any other facilities - entrance, hallway, kitchen etc?

I am not available to call you - but your request is open to other experts.

If you want to continue here, we can.