INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have a lease agreement with a limited company with the

We have a lease agreement with a limited company with the purpose that the agreement was let to the company as temporary housing accommodation. The company can not pay any rent and there are 2 rooms let and 2 empty what notice do i serve to end the tenancy for their breach
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: not yet we are trying to establish the type of notice to serve - whether it is a company let agreement even though the company is letting to non-employees
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
we have attached the lease agreement

Thank you for your query. The agreement appears to be a Company Let, however, if the occupants are not employees, you then have an issue as you would have to serve the occupants, as well as the Company Tenant a Notice. I would suggest that you serve a Section 21 Notice to the occupants and a Notice to Quit to the Company Tenant. You will be able to download a Notice to Quit at the following link: http://www.lawpack.co.uk/landlord-and-tenancy/eviction-notices/product2653.asp

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. Would we need to serve the occupants the section 21 notice or would the Tenant Company? When we are issuing proceedings should the occupants/company tenant not vacate, would we issue on the grounds of an expired company let agreement or an expired section 21 notice or both?
Sorry just one more query - is it still referred to as a company let agreement if they are not using the property for their employees but for temporary housing? Is it a commercial or business agreement instead? Thank you in advance

This is a bot messy as the Company Let agreement is designed for employees of a company whom would not have the same rights as a person who would have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement., which I assume the occupants have. Therefore, this would be different rules and as such, I would suggest that you serve the occupants if the Company Tenant does not do so.

As to your second enquiry, it would still be a company let even if they are not using the property for their employees as effectively, they step into the shoes of the landlord. This is becoming more common as letting agents try to circumvent the complex landlord and tenant regulations.

Many thanks,