Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My neighbours smoking cannabis every day and landlord L&Q

Customer Question

My neighbours smoking cannabis every day and landlord L&Q ignoring my cry for help. I have health issues and the situation especially now making everything more complicated.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sending dairy to the landlord, contacted with neighbourhood police. They toking politely and telling that is difficult to do something
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just wondering who else could help me in this situation. I really struggling with high blood pressure and exploding head syndrome. I already sent letters with recommendations from my GP doctor and neurology specialist to landlord
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you spoken with your Council?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The thing is I already have had the same situation between 2012-2015 with the same landlord. This particular time I spoke with Council, but they advised to follow the full L&Q complaint procedure if doesn't work to contact with them. When the drugs involved advised to contact to police. Wich I already did and have had a conversation. As I said everyone trying to calm me down without any real help. L&Q housing officer told me: If we evict everyone who smokes cannabis, half of the properties would be empty. L&Q thinking just about money and business my health doesn't interest them. They delaying to call or ignoring emails. Not answering at all. I send dairy sheets which from 13 of January, and still no changes no answering to my email.

Have you complained to the Police?