Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

The title to a property is unregistered because when it was

The title to a property is unregistered because when it was purchased it was nof compulsory to do so at thw time in that county. Can it be sold without registering the title first?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: No, An agent has benn consulted with a view to a sale and refused to accept the instruction unless the title is first registered. He indicated that this was a legal requirememnt
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so

Hi there, I am Vineet, UK Solicitor, will help you with your query today

Yes, you can sell unregistered property , you need to produce physical title deeds of the property

Unregistered title of the property will have no effect on the sale

If you have original title deeds to hand and property being in your name, then unregistered title deed won`t be a problem

Alternatively, you can get it registered by submitting original deeds with HM Land Registry, in order to get your property registered on their system before the sale.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any other related queries.

If not, Kindly rate the answer given for your question using the stars button at the top of your screen. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have now been told that the deeds cannot be found but a search is under way. I think I need to know the outcome of the search before troubling you further

Alright. All the best.

Kindly rate the answer given for your question using the stars button at the top of your screen. Thanks