INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have freehold property split in 3 flats. i am the

Customer Question

HI
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: We have freehold property split in 3 flats. i am the secretary
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: one of the flat is selling and the potential buyer has notice that a partition wall was knocked some time ago with no consent. my neighbour wld like to sign consent to those works but i do not feel confident as dont know what alterations did take place. solutions frm her solicitors are : a/ we just sign off consent b/ to take a breach of lease indemnity
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: london - ii is a dormant co for the purposes of admin the flats
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it thanks
Expert:  INC Law replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your query. What kind of consent is required?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
that we are providing cover for the lack of consent. see below pls the drafted letter that i have been asked to sign ....................I am writing to you on behalf of the 31 Marquis Road Limited Company as the acting secretary and company representative.
Given the directors of this company share freehold of this property there is no acting Landlord at this time. As no such Landlord is present, as requested I am writing to provide cover for the lack of consent relating to the highlighted items below:
1. Hard flooring being present in the flat
2. The removal of a wall dividing the kitchen and lounge.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
anyone there pls?
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

What they are asking of is fairly basic. They are asking for permission for any alterations, which would have been a requirement under the lease.

They are not asking you to confirm whether the works were carried out correctly, just that they have permission.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.