INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

As a tenant, if i have an emotional support animal, can they

as a tenant, if i have an emotional support animal, can they evict me
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: in th uk
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: the landlady has specified no cats because she has a "phobia" of cats. however there is a garden. and the house is damaged by previous tenants cats, which she admits. it is bizzare
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your query. What does the tenancy agreement state regarding pets?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No cats

I am afraid that if that is the case and unless you have Express written authority from the landlord, this could be a reason for eviction and would give the landlord grounds to serve Notice.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it makes no difference that it is medically documented emotional support animal

Unfortunately not. Not unless it stipulates as such in the tenancy agremeent or Lease.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.