Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have spoken to someone previously in regards to this

I have spoken to someone previously in regards ***** ***** issue. I have a lodger who is demanding her deposit back after claiming that she is unable to go back to work due to the current crisis, she also claims that the room is hers as she paid the deposit and signed the contract and I cannot bring in a new lodger. This lodger was due to move in on the 17th April. I have wrote to her to say that there would cost implications for re- advertising and other costs etc. She has got back to me to claim that the contract is void as there is no date on it and due to the ongoing cornovirus becomes null. I need help in going further with this

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to about this today please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just want know how I could proceed on this matter.

Void on what basis?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Well she mentioned that the contract has not got a date. And also due to the current crisis. She says it is void.

That makes no difference.

If the lodger has given notice then you can move the stuff out on that date if they do not.

You do not need a Court order.

You do not need to give the deposit back

Just because she cant work does not mean you have to give the deposit back

The contract is NOT void. She is staying there

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Would it be possible to send you the contract, so you could see?