Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I rent a commercial property where I roast coffee. When we

Customer Question

I rent a commercial property where I roast coffee. When we moved in we noticed a powerful solvent smell. It turns out the floor was painted incorrectly. It’s seeping into the coffee bags etc and on our clothes and hair. I’ve complained several times and at first they said they would sort it and then they said to fit a new floor they’d charge me £1000 (it’s 450sq ft for context) It’s now peeling and cracking everywhere. What can I do?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I’ve emailed them several times. And discussed in person. They are now insisting I pay full rent despite my business being affected by Covid19. I’ve paid 50% rent for the last 2 months so suggested on Friday as we aren’t operating it would be a good time to address the floor situation
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Holywell Flintshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s it
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 17 days ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.