Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I’m trying to assist my daughter. She brought a conversion

Customer Question

Hi, I’m trying to assist my daughter. She brought a conversion flat 3 yrs ago from the developer. The freehold has now been sold on and in the insurer for the Latent defects has gone into liquidation (Alpha), in addition the company offering the new build warranty has also now defunct. The tent
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Oops the tenants are happy to pay for respective latent insurance but the new landlord does not wish to take out a policy. Without this insurance they will struggle to sell their respective flats. Can you advise what options are available to them?
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Norbury CR7 8BY
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 17 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, I take it your daughter and the others are leaseholders?