How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2526
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I’m trying to assist my daughter. She brought a conversion

Customer Question

Hi, I’m trying to assist my daughter. She brought a conversion flat 3 yrs ago from the developer. The freehold has now been sold on and in the insurer for the Latent defects has gone into liquidation (Alpha), in addition the company offering the new build warranty has also now defunct. The tent
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Oops the tenants are happy to pay for respective latent insurance but the new landlord does not wish to take out a policy. Without this insurance they will struggle to sell their respective flats. Can you advise what options are available to them?
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Norbury CR7 8BY
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 17 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, I take it your daughter and the others are leaseholders?