Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am in process of signing a new tenancy agreement and I

Customer Question

Hi there, I am in process of signing a new tenancy agreement and I would like some clarification for the following clause included on the 'Rent' section -2.1.4 It is agreed that if the Landlord or Agent, where appointed, accepts money after one of the conditions which may lead to a claim for possession by the Landlord, acceptance of the money will not create a new agreement and the Landlord will still, within the restrictions of the law, be able to pursue the claim for possession.Thanks,
Cristina
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You just want to know what this means?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Ok - if the Landlord or agents gets money for whatever reason, they can still apply for possession.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. They could still apply for possession if one of the conditions that may lead to a claim for possession happens, right? for example if we destroy the house if doesnt matter if we paid rent, she can still claim possession. Did I understand it right?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Correct.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you!
I have another question if I may
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is in regards ***** ***** breaking clause, which states -
This Agreement may be terminated early by either party by giving to the other party two months
notice in writing at any time such notice not to expire until eight months of the term of this agreement
has passed and upon expiration of this notice this Agreement and everything contained within it shall
cease and be void subject nevertheless to the right of the parties in respect of any antecedent breach
of any of the covenants contained therein.Does this mean I could give notice on the month 6th and leave on the month 8th? Or does this mean I could only give notice on the month 8th and leave on the 10th?Thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Yes month 6 and move out month 8

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Amazing thank you so much!!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.