SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I signed a lease for a commercial unit. The license

I signed a lease for a commercial unit. The license agreement made between: THIS LICENSE is made on the 1st June 2018BETWEEN(1) BIRKENHEAD COMMERCIAL LIMITEDAND(2) VAUGHAN JONES OF*****BIRKENHEAD CH41 5ETT/A OLD TIME STRENGTH GYM
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: THIS LICENSE is made on the 15th May 2017BETWEEN(1) BIRKENHEAD COMMERCIAL LIMITEDAND(2) VAUGHAN JONES OF*****BIRKENHEAD CH41 5ET That was the previous agreement
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have been sued personally for non payment of rent (approx 4 months) and not the limited company

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. What legal guidance are you asking for please? I note you have taken action already, what is the problem at the moment?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it possible for them to sue me for the licence in my personal name?Also, we changed unit part way through and did not sign a new licence. The address and payments were different.
Good afternoon, most commercial leases come with a guarantee agreement and if you signed this guarantee agreement then yes they can sue you personally regrettably. If you did not guarantee the lease then you can successfully defend any claim made against you personally. All the besr
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can they sue me personally if the unit mentioned in the agreement is not the unit of occupation because it changed mid agreement with a new agreement sighed for the new unit?
Hi I note that you have had a call request avd that someone has answered the call. I hope they have fully resolved the enquiry for you. All the best