How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1328
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I am looking some legal advice about landlord and tenant

This answer was rated:

I am looking some legal advice about landlord and tenant right on business premises
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what is your question?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Our landlord she doesn’t take any responsibility not any repairs as we renting premises. We don’t ask her but she doesn’t provide ane gas or plumbing certificate she said it’s our response as we are tenant and we signed lease. But Heating system is bad and need to fix and she doesn’t care as we signed lease and it’s not her responsibility
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Don’t know where to go for legal advice as i feel she is abusing us as we don’t know law’s very well
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
In lease there is only few sentences about her right but nothing clear. She started with her rights and straight jump to our rights on the lease and nothing written clear. Only one sentence as her responsibility to provide water but if boiler is not working we don’t have hot water.
Hi, I can help you with this matter. I am sorry to hear about your situation. You can complain about your landlord if they’re doing something wrong or you’re unhappy with their behaviour, for example if they aren’t doing repairs they’re responsible for. It’s best to speak to your landlord first to solve your problem. If this doesn’t help there are other steps you can take to complain. I would recommend the following steps in this matter:
1) make a formal complaint by writing a letter to your landlord.
Explain your problem and what you want them to do to solve it. Tell them what rights you have and what you think they should have done. You should include in your letter:
• what you’re complaining about
• what you want them to do about the problem
• dates and times the problem took place
• copies of any letters or emails between you and your landlord
• photographs - for example showing damage or disrepair, particularly if the problem gets worse over time
• receipts for things you've had to pay for because of the problem
2) If making a formal complaint to your landlord doesn't solve your problem you might be able to complain to your local council. You can find contact information for your local council here:
I trust this answers your question please confirm you are satisfied with the recommendations. If you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this)Offer Premium Service
If you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this)
You can rate me by clicking on the 5 stars on the top right corner of your screen. And just answer will then credit me for helping you today
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I already contacted her but by message she is saying is tenant responsibility and after she just ignored us. who can help write complain for me? Maybe citizen advice bureau?
Hi, thank you for your message. I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer to your original question and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen. Otherwise I receive no credit for helping you today. And yes you can contact citizens advice bureau.
Joy Nicholas and 3 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you