Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I need advice about our lease as i think is not clear she is

I need advice about our lease as i think is not clear she is looks like abusing us years and we want stop her but we not sure our rights
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nothing
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: wolverhampton
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only about lease find out how to protect myself as a tenant

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We have lease for long time and basically i think lease is not right for us as tenant, basically i need advice more about or lease
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Our landlord she doesn’t take any responsibility not any repairs as we renting premises. We don’t ask her but she doesn’t provide ane gas or plumbing certificate she said it’s our response as we are tenant and we signed lease. But Heating system is bad and need to fix and she doesn’t care as we signed lease and it’s not her responsibility
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In lease there is only few sentences about her right but nothing clear. She started with her rights and straight jump to our rights on the lease and nothing written clear. Only one sentence as her responsibility to provide water but if boiler is not working we don’t have hot water.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Don’t know where to go for legal advice as i feel she is abusing us as we don’t know law’s very well

What type of lease do you have?
Note it will be the morning when I reply.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not sure it’s says just leave for premises
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
lease for premises

Is it a full repairing lease?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What u mean? i don’t know, she said it’s all responsibility for u in lease, only one sentence says that she responsible for providing water

Who does it say in the lease is responsible for repairs?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All me but i was thinking boiler is for landlord but she said no because lease it’s for us tenant
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But it doesn’t say nothing on lease about gas safety and plumbing safety, and above our presmises there is flat same landlord and always we have problems wit water leaking and she is not fixing too as i said it’s not our responsibility because flat is above is her. But she just ignored that’s why i am looking some lawyers who can help more or go to advice bureau? How to stop her using us
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We do all repairs as we know is our responsibility but i don’t agree with boiler it’s not working perfectly and because we have hairdressers shop we don’t have hot water and in lease it’s says landlord responsibility to provide water but nothing clear. Maybe it helps some how this her sentence if boiler not working we don’t have hot water

Just to be clear the lease says you do all repairs?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Ok - does the Landlord provide heating and hot water?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
she didn’t provide nothing during all this 5years she said it’s not responsibility and she doesn’t make any gas safety.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s why i don’t know how to push her to do

Forgive me, is the boiler contained within the property?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
when we rent boiler was already in premises
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
nothing mentioned in lease about boiler who is responsible

Ok - then sadly based on what you have said, then you are responsible.

It seems like you have a full repairing lease

As such you are responsible for all repairs including the boiler.

I asked who is liable for repairs. You said: All me but i was thinking boiler is for landlord but she said no because lease it’s for us tenant

Just because there is a boiler doesn't mean its the Landlord.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok thanks a lot not a problem thanks for help anyway

Pleasure