Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My wife has just died. We were tenants in common. Her will

My wife has just died. We were tenants in common. Her will specifies that her half of the house was to be put in trust for the benefits of my daughter, son (and myself) whilst I am allowed to live there. How do I go about this?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: No. I am just trying to get my head round this.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Leicester. The property is worth approximately £210000
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (1Z7M3ZV)

Hi thank you for your message, you would need to engage a solicitor to do this for you as this is not something you can do yourself. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case probate law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.