Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am thinking of buying 13 acres of agricultural land which

I am thinking of buying 13 acres of agricultural land which includes 4 acres of woodland. It is not visible by neighbours or passers by. What are the chances of getting an ECO house on it. If not, Would I be allowed to have a permanent canvas home?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have looked online and the chances seem slim.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to create an access and a bridge over a small stream so there are some big costs involved.

Hi thank you for your message, it is not impossible but homes of this nature tend to require compliance with very strict building codes. These tend to be expensive because of the requirements needed to be complied with in their construction. Therefore, you should speak to the planning team that covers the land you are thinking of buying and see what their approach is likely to be to an eco house, for example one that complies with the higher standards of compliance for sustainable housing such as a code 5 or code 6 home. You also need to think about cost, even if you can get permission it will cost a lot to construct so can you afford that investment.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.