Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need some advice on a commercial property. I am not

Hello I need some advice on a commercial property. I am not renewing my lease on my salon and have decided to leave at lease expiry, whilst I was under the lease I required an asbestos survey but my landlord refused to pay for it so I paid. I am meeting him along with an estate agent next week and he's been told to supply an asbestos report and therefore told me to supply one. I would like to know who owns the report that I paid for which is also in my business name. Can I charge him for the report? Is the landlord also responsible for supplying a report? He never pays for anything and will do anything to avoid his responsibility. Can I withhold the report?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: In what respect?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Bedfordshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so, just want to know where I stand as he's very difficult with me I want to know legally who owns that report and legally do I habe to supply it to him so he is able to put his property on the market with a report that I paid for.

Hi thank you for your message, you own the report, you paid for it on behalf of your business. If he want's the report you can charge him for it and unless he pays refuse to supply it. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.