How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5511
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

If it is possible to speak to someone in Romanian ?! Thanks,

This answer was rated:

If it is possible to speak to someone in Romanian ?! Thanks
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leytonstone
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: It is a payment of rent for a house that I rented together with my brother and nephew and in which he no longer lives for any good reason.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was another problem, the reason I left the house was the aggressiveness of my sister-in-law who now continues to live in the house. I mention that she has a child for whose life I fear. I consider that my sister-in-law has a mental problem and I am afraid for the child's health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Leytonstone is my current location but I forgot to mention the house mentioned is located in Romford

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother, nephew and I rented a house in Romford. My nephew and I left the house because of my sister-in-law's aggression, which is not on the contract. My brother and his concubine with whom he had a child continued to live in the house. My brother has not lived in the house for almost two months, being denounced by his concubine for domestic violence. My brother stopped paying the rent. The agency through which I rented the house did absolutely nothing to evacuate my brother's concubine, but instead pressured us the contract holders to pay the rent and forced us to continue the contract. In other words, all contract holders no longer live in the house, but we are obliged to pay the rent. My question is: is there no legal basis that protects us Holders? I remind you that my brother has a non-molestation order, my nephew and I do not want to return home because my sister-in-law is very aggressive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and I'm waiting for your answer
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to be assisted. I don't know how to proceed. The agency through which we rented the house does nothing to remove the person who lives illegally in the house, it demands from us to remove it, but instead it pressures us to pay the rent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked another question, I think my sister-in-law has serious mental problems, but I am not able to make a diagnosis. Would I know who I could contact for an evaluation? My sister-in-law has a one-year-old daughter who I have serious reasons to consider at risk. Thanks

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am a solicitor in England and Wales but regrettably I do not speak Romanian. What type of tenancy agreement did you have with your brother? and when was it due to terminate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract is due to end on September 28. This is the third year of the contract, but the agency has started a new one every year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My nephew and I left the location two years ago but continued to sign the contract for my brother. My brother currently has a restraining order filed by his concubine with whom he has a child. So he can't get close to the house. We all pay rent elsewhere. The agency is trying to force us to pay the rent and leaves it to us to evict my sister-in-law.

Is it a joint Assured Shorthold Tenancy? When the term lapses you have to sign to agree to it being extended. When its a period tenancy and not all joint tenants agree to extending it becomes a period tenancy and you should be able to give notice to terminate before september. If your brother is the only joint tenant refusing and is using you to keep in the house then you might have no choice but to take him to court to get released from the agreement.

Thank you for clarifying. But why do you keep signing the agreement? You and your brother are the joint tenants you can give notice to terminate the agreement, you do not need to keep on being liable for a property you do not use. The concubine can get their own place or take over and pay their own rent.

I will send you an offer to speak on the phone if that will help, however I do not speak romanian so as long as you do speak english I will be able to speak to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The three of us signed that we want to terminate the contract. My brother doesn't live in the house either. Only the concubine of the brother who obtained a non molestation order lives in the house. My question is why do we have to pay the rent?

Because you have a joint tenancy agreement and until you all agree to terminate it you all remain liable. Why do you keep signing it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be perfect to be able to talk on the phone. I will ask someone to help me with the translation. Thanks

No problem, when you accept the call offer I will be notified and will call you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I have to do to accept the call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning!
To make myself understood from the very beginning, 3 years ago, my brother, my older nephew and I rented a house through the agency(only 3 of us are on the contract)but in the house it was my brother's son from a previous marriage, my brother's concubine that soon gave birth to their dother,me,my older nephew and my brother, every year the agency made a new contract and not the continuity to the previous one,soon I had to leave the house because of my brother's concubine, being violent towards me, then the same thing happened to my eldest nephew, my brother stayed in the house, the child from a previous marriage and my brother's concubine with their newborn child, at the moment my brother has a non molestation order, the police do not allow him to approach the property or the nearby streets, although my brother has evidence that the concubine is the violent one, last week he had to move out of the house and my brother's son from the previous marriage also because of the behavior of the concubine, now ... me, my older nephew and my brother chose to close the contract with the agency because we no longer have access to the property, we recently found out that the term is in september and that's a new contract and not a continuity of the previous one,when I downloaded the contract, the contract being made and signed online, the agency demands that we evict the concubine and pay the rent. I can't evict her from the property because I'm afraid of her, as is my eldest nephew , the brother is not allowed on the property, the agency does not understand that the concubine stays illegally on the property and we have no way to pay for something we do not use, the agency does not want to take any action in relation to the person living illegally in the house that it manages, what is to be done in this situation, because I, my brother, the eldest nephew and the youngest grandson pay rents on other properties where we currently live and we can prove that. The agency does not take action in relation to the concubine who is not signed and it forces us on the contract to pay for something we don't use.I hope that I was more clear in explaining the situation.

Thank you for your further information, are you saying now the person in the property has not signed the tenancy agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,she is my brother’s concubine and she is not on the contract,she didn’t sign the contract eather.

Why then are you carrying on signing the contract? The joint tenants ( the people who signed the tenancy) should have given notice to terminate the tenancy and it would be the agent's problem to try and get rid of a trespasser. She is not a joint tenant, she does not pay rent so she is not even a lodger. I do not see why you have carried on maintaining the agreement when you no longer live there and she is not a tenant. the agent is obviously taking advantage because they have got away with it for a while now. Give notice, stop paying and they will have to deal with her a a trespasser living in the property without the landlord's authority.

If it is not too much trouble please kindly take a couple of seconds to rate my assistance by clicking on the row of stars at the top. You may still accpet the call after your rating if you manage to get an Interpreter

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5511
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you