How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2426
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Regarding a transfer of a joint tenancy agreement, i have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: regarding a transfer of a joint tenancy agreement
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: i have filed it already and a hearing is to be schedule in a month
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: hackney london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are divorced and we have 2 children and he had left the house since 2016 but does not want to remove his name on the council flat
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm what is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a joint tenancy agreement with my ex but he is refusing to transfer the tenancy to me, even though he is living somewhere else with another women? we are to be heard by a judge in a month so i will like some advise on how to build my case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to switch to a phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What evidence can i gather regarding the case?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. If he is not paying rent you can use this as evidence to show extra expenses on you, the fact that he is not living at the property is also good evidence, you can ask the landlord to write a letter that he agrees that he is released and that you are able to afford the full rent on your own, if you believe it is a way for him to control you and the situation you can provide evidence such as text messages emails letters etc, bank statements showing income and that you can afford the rent on your own. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today