Helen Hill
Helen Hill, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB Law, Licensed Conveyancer and Probate Practitioner, Fellow of CILEx, Trust and Estates Practitioner (STEP)
102395076

Im looking for advice on fences between the property homes i

Customer Question

Hi im looking for advice on fences between the property homes i have put a 3ft fence in my garden nxt to my next door neighbours and have left his fence there as theres a 5ft drop into his garden an i have young children he has a wire fence but is rusty an holey he has insisted i take it down an will be taking more action against me do i need to take this down or?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No but unsure if he has
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: Llangynwyd maesteg
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am willing to wait thank u
Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed conveyancer so will be able to assist.

As long as the fence you have erected is on your side of the boundary and there has been no breach of any covenants in relation to your property (your title deeds will tell you if there are any restrictions on fence height or positioning but I doubt there will be if there is already a fence there and your fence isn't particularly tall) then you are perfectly entitled to have the fence there.

I hope this helps to reassure you. Do you have any further questions?

Expert:  Helen Hill replied 1 year ago.

I notice you have not yet viewed my response. Please kindly let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.