Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

We need to change the name on land registry after getting

Customer Question

hi we need to change the name on land registry after getting married
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: not at the moment
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: near gainsborough lincolnshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes we would also need to split the deeds up as it has 2 dwellings on it and we are only selling one
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Are you selling part of the property to a buyer?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the deeds have two separate dwellings on it and needs to be separated before a sail can be made
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** answer now. 5 mins please.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

If you are selling part of the title to a buyer then you do not need to worry about changing your name on the register or splitting the legal titles at this stage.

This is because this will all be dealt with by the solicitor that you instruct once you have agreed a sale.

Your solicitor will require you to provide them with your original Marriage Certificate so they can take a certified copy and provide the copy to the buyer. This will be sufficient for the buyer and the name does not need to be changed if this is done.

As to the splitting of the title, land registry will not split the titles before a sale has been completed because they are only obliged to do this once there has been a “disposition” which is either a sale or a mortgage. Your solicitor will prepare a Land Registry TP1 transfer of part form, which is the document which transfers part of your property to the buyer upon completion. The buyer will then submit this to land registry via their solicitor following completion so that land registry will then remove the part of the title that you have sold and then register it under a separate title number.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom