How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4659
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I wish for a suspended possession order (mortgage) set aside

This answer was rated:

Hello I wish for a suspended possession order (mortgage) set aside as all outstanding arrears have been cleared.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No i have not No steps taken so far
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Ealing, London - 74 Drayton Bridge Road, W7 1EP. Order issued at Brentford County Court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

When was the possession order granted?

How long have you kept the mortgage account clear?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Order was granted 20th May 2019 Was given 8 months to clear arrears which i did

So you cleared the arrears by January 2020 - is that correct?

How long have you got left to run of the mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleared the arrears by January 2020 About13 years left i think

You will need to show the court that you can keep your account clear and in order for at least 9-12 months after you have repaid the arrears and then you can apply to the court to vary the possession order or have it discharged.

Of course, you could try applying to do that now, but my experience is that having a clear account for at least 9 months (minimum) is key to persuading a judge that the possession order should not continue. You can apply on form N244.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will take your advice Thanks

You're very welcome.

I'd appreciate if you could take a moment to rate positively as that is how I am paid for assisting you today - thank you!

SASH_Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you