Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My neighbor has made an extension in his garden. It is

Customer Question

My neighbor has made an extension in his garden. It is higher than a tall fence. It looks very bad from my side.i think it is 2m high. The problem is that I did not object because I thought borough will not allow this. Do I have any right?
JA: What steps has your neighbor taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: He has build it.
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: He had planning permission. To be honest I did not read it as I presumed it will be a normal extension and council will not give permission for higher than 2 meters.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How am I being charge for this service?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if planning permission was granted then you have very little options to object now. You can check with the local planning team to see when the planning was approved and if appeal is an option. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.