Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

Seeking advise regarding breach of my lease. I had a boiler

HiSeeking advise regarding breach of my lease. I had a boiler fitted inside a flat unaware that it would cause changes aesthetically to an external wall. I did not apply for a licence for the work to be done before hand and i now find out Im in breach of my lease. I have now been told that i have to apply for consent for alterations. How do i go about doing this and what are the approximate costings involvedMany thanks

Good afternoon, you need to write to your landlord and ask for their consent. There should not be a cost for this. Although aesthetic changes do not usually require consent, only structural changes do. However to cover yourself you can just write to your landlord explaining the situation. Hope this helps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do I need legal representation for this?

No, you will not need legal representation for this. Hope this helps?