How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 605
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

Seeking advise regarding breach of my lease. I had a boiler

This answer was rated:

HiSeeking advise regarding breach of my lease. I had a boiler fitted inside a flat unaware that it would cause changes aesthetically to an external wall. I did not apply for a licence for the work to be done before hand and i now find out Im in breach of my lease. I have now been told that i have to apply for consent for alterations. How do i go about doing this and what are the approximate costings involvedMany thanks

Good afternoon, you need to write to your landlord and ask for their consent. There should not be a cost for this. Although aesthetic changes do not usually require consent, only structural changes do. However to cover yourself you can just write to your landlord explaining the situation. Hope this helps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do I need legal representation for this?

No, you will not need legal representation for this. Hope this helps?

Madhu Pal and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you