F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have just received council tax bills which have been

Customer Question

Hi there
I have just received council tax bills which have been amended to a second property cost - ie: council tax + 50%, both this year & last years...
It is true, due to circumstance I haven't been staying there for the majority of the year; however this is my only home...
Again due to circumstances, I haven't yet changed over my banks or driving license to this address...
Additionally, my business had to close due to Covid-19 & so this has left me with no income...
Can they do this? What can I do to reverse this decision on their behalf, please?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

to clarify -

you state second property cost but then go on to say its your only home?

where have you been staying?

how long have you been iiving somewhere else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been back & forth - I was due to return to the property late March, however, the lockdown happened...
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I feel this is outside my sphere of expertise and I am therefore going to opt out for another expert to consider.

The thread is now open to all experts.

Please do not reply as a matter of course or courtesy, as it means that the question thread comes back into my inbox.

An expert with the necessary expertise will reply when they are online.